“Hi, I am Miss Kecia. Here is a little about me and what has lead me to start ‘Related by Love’
I am the mother to three adult children (1 daughter and 2 sons), grandmother to one granddaughter; KupKaKe and mother-in-love to two daughter-in-loves. My oldest son is married, youngest son in a committed relationship, and my daughter is in a committed same-sex union. I’m the oldest of thirteen siblings. Yes, you read it correctly, 13! I love outdoor activities such as: bike riding, hiking, jazz concerts and jogging. And, I am a lover of ice cream, wine and all things purple. I’m deeply inspired by life; love and happiness, guided by a love of helping others to create the intimate connections they desire.
Over the past 20 years, my experience in the Human Service field, has afforded me the opportunity to work with and on behalf of individuals and families in a variety of capacities. I am an inspiration igniter who is passionate about families (of all make ups) celebrating their connectedness through love. It is my goal with ‘Related by Love’ to help all families of choice create and celebrate healthy connections.
I earned a Bachelor’s of Psychology (BA) from Houghton College and Masters of Social Work (MSW) from Nazareth College/Suny Brockport GRC-MSW program. I work as a Crisis Intervention Counselor and a Credentialed by the State of New York on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
I currently reside in Rochester, New York with my family.
27 Things you don’t know about me…
- My granddaughter and I were both born in May; 4 days and 47 years apart. And we both weighted 8lbs 8oz at birth.
- I have a love and passion for photography. I purchased my first professional camera 2 years ago.
- I ran my first 5K at 46 y/o
- My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. This is the holiday when my family is always together, AND the time of year I happily eat way too much food without regret.
- I HAVE A TWIN! She’s born to another Mother. We share the same name (spelled exactly the same!), same birth month and day, AND we are the same age (I’m older. I was born first). And she’s Caucasian
- I celebrated my BIG 5 0 in Paris (I’ve been twice). I was literally lost on the streets of Paris on my 50th birthday
- I have a touch of OCD (not really), and I can’t stand washing dishes
- I reach for my morning coffee BEFORE my glasses; I’m blind as a bat…lol
- My younger brother, Dominique ‘Niko’ Davis, plays in the NFL for Kansas City Chiefs; #95 AND my younger cousin, Shenise ‘Moe’ Johnson, plays in the WNBA for Indiana Fever; #42
- I didn’t learn to swim until the age of 47 y/o! I blame my parents
- I routinely volunteer as a cook at a local homeless shelter for men.
- I PASSED a statistics course on the first try with a ‘B’ Thank the Lord!
- I have worn my hair natural for over 20 years
- I’ve always wished I was poetic
- As a freshmen in college I graced academic probation; twice. After being expelled from Canisius I was accepted to Houghton College where I carried a 3.8 GPA for the remainder of my college career. #dedicated #determined #disciplined
- My favorite movie is Forrest Gump
- My next wish list travel plans include: Dubai, Jamaica and the Grand Canyon
- I absolutely LOVE (and have watched every episode of ) Sex in the City, more than once
- My daughter, my granddaughter and I have the same first and last name initials; K. M
- I think Morris Chestnut is the sexist man on God’s green earth
- I love the Fall, it’s my favorite season.
- I love head wraps. I have a global collection of head scarves from: Paris, Turkey, Rome, Bahamas, Mexico, and London
- My all-time favorite R&B singer is Charlie Wilson
- All three of my children were over 8lbs at birth
- My favorite comedians are: Bruce-Bruce and Steve Harvey
- I’m a very tall lady; 5’10. I get my height from my dad who was 6’8 (being tall ROCKS!)
- I eat a banana with Jiff creamy peanut butter every morning